Believers Stewardship Services is an organization with a unique philosophy:
- Scripture-based perspective: We seek to follow the Scriptures in the financial counsel we provide to the Lord’s people and in our internal operations (Joshua 1:8; James 4:17).
- Stewardship not ownership: We understand that all believers are stewards of the possessions the Lord has bestowed upon them and that each one will give an account for what he has done (2 Corinthians 5:10). As stewards, believers must use resources in a way that honors and furthers His work (1 Corinthians 4:1-2).
- Non-solicitation approach: BSS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation looking to the Lord and His people for support. However, we do not solicit donations as we do not want to be perceived as competing with any assembly or ministry that we are helping (Philippians 4:19; Psalm 118:7-9).
- Other ministry focus: We do not seek to raise funds for ourselves, but instead see our place as that of encouraging stewardship and support of the Lord’s work as a whole. Our estate planning and planned giving services encourage giving to other organizations, using BSS to do the legwork (1 Corinthians 10:24).
- Above-reproach mentality: We encourage our employees, church and ministry leaders, and all others to follow legal and tax requirements and remain above reproach (1 Corinthians 14:40; 2 Corinthians 6:3).
- Fiduciary role: We put the interests of our investment clients above our own (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). By engaging these clients on a fee-only basis, we effectively sit on the same side of the table as those we help.
- Diversification: We advocate broadly diversified global portfolios that utilize the best academic research and financial science (Ecclesiastes 11:2, 6). We work with each client individually to craft solutions that provide the best investment experience possible.